Steven Morris Legum
- Managing Partner
Steven M. Legum has practiced law in the Norfolk and Hampton Roads area for over three decades. Early in his career Mr. Legum came to realize that clients are not just "cases" but are real people with real problems. These men and women need an advocate, someone who is on their side. Mr. Legum has filled that gap and lets his clients know that they are not alone. He zealously represents their interests.
Over the years, Mr. Legum has developed an expertise in every area of family law. He aggressively handles all matters related to the dissolution of a marriage, including child custody and visitation, child support and division of marital property. He focuses on results, helping his client resolve family law issues in ways that promote the best interests of the children while protecting his client’s rights. He has also successfully represented many people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents or who have suffered workplace injuries and who have made workers' compensation claims. Mr. Legum is both compassionate during a client's time of personal crisis and an aggressive advocate in court.
Mr. Legum is a graduate of the George Washington University in Washington, D.C. (1972) and the University of Richmond, T.C. William School of Law (1975). He earned a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) from Old Dominion University (1988). He is a member of the Virginia State Bar and the Virginia Trial Lawyers' Association.
Areas Of Practice
- • Family Law - Divorce, Custody, Visitation, Child and Spousal Support, Property Settlement
- Personal Injury - Workers' Compensation
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1975
- District of Columbia, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1979
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1981
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 1975
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- M.B.A. - 1988
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.S. - 1972
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association, Member, 1975 to 2014
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 1975
- The District of Columbia Bar Association, Member, 1977
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1975
- Phi Alpha Delta
Goldblatt, Cohen & Legum, P.C.
500 E. Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
We Accept Credit Cards